Monday, November 19, 2012

Weekend Getaway

Tim and I have a Marriott Credit Card that gives us one free night a year. Typically we visit my sister in Canton and use the night then. Since we share a cabin with them, we have been meeting them there instead. Anyway the free room was going to expire so we decided to use it this weekend.

We made a day of it. We dropped Ralphie off at a boarding place and then headed over to the Cincinnati Premium Outlets.  We shopped around and then ate dinner and Dingle House. Both were very fun even though the outlets were a little crowded.

Dinner at Dingle house was pretty good. Although I did break my Whole30 again by accident. I got grilled Salmon, asparagus and sweet potato fries. Doesn't sound bad but the salmon had butter all over it, and the sweet potatoes were sprinkled with sugar. If that is not bad enough Tim talked me into getting a drink. Which I at least went with something that I thought was gluten free. So much for complete body healing.

I do have to admit that I think I bit off more than I can chew. I removed grains, legumes, dairy, sugar and white potatoes, and alcohol cold turkey. It has been really hard trying to keep myself from falling off the wagon. I must say this has made me aware of everything that I do eat that is not good for me. It forces me to pay attention to all of the places that extra sugars and grains can hide. I am still happy with my progress. My goal wasn't to lose weight but since implementing the new way of eating I have lost about 7 pounds. 

But I digress, we stayed at the Marriott Residence Inn in West Chester. We managed to get a suite, which was really nice. It had a kitchen and living area that was separate from the sleeping area. The bed was comfortable, and the shower was roomy. I would highly recommend staying at the Residence Inn, if you need a hotel in the area. I can't forget about the complimentary breakfast! Everything, was great and the staff were really friendly!

It was nice to "getaway" even if it was only one night....

No comments:

Post a Comment