Monday, March 26, 2012

Spring Training

I think I may have taken on more than I can handle. My sister recently sent me a picture of my niece and nephew passed out in the jogging stroller after a two mile run. (Aren't they adorable?) I then proceed to ask if she is training for something. She informs me that she is running a half marathon and asks if I would run with her.  So many thoughts run through my head but the one that makes it out is, "Sure. Let me see if I can run two miles without dying." 

To my surprise I did run 2 miles without dying Friday morning and another 2 miles Saturday morning. I ran much slower than I anticipated but I guess that was to be expected. The only hiccup I ran into, (pun intended) was a minor blister on my toe because of my shoes. I switched them out and Saturdays run was perfect.

I only have 12 weeks to train for those unforgiving 13.1 miles so naturally I started training immediately. Today marks the first full week of training and I will run a total of 7.5 miles.  I couldn't even tell you the last time I ran 2 miles before last week let alone 7. Oh well all in good time.

I did tell myself I would be in running shape for this years Thanksgiving Day Race so this is a good way to prepare myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment