Thursday, March 22, 2012

Wake Up Call

I love working out in the mornings! I make better choices throughout the day and I have time to sit and relax in the evening. The only problem is dragging myself out of bed.

I was in a great habit about 6 months ago of getting up but something happened and my routine changed. I can't pinpoint what exactly but here I am hitting the snooze button 15 times before I actually get up. I barely have enough time to shower, get dressed, and get to work on time let alone exercise.

A few days ago I had an epiphany! Move your alarm clock so you get your lazy butt out of bed. I mentioned this to hubs to see how he felt about it. He was not as enthusiastic as I was about the idea. I couldn't possibly understand why not. The logic made perfect sense to me. If i had to get up to turn the annoying beep off then I would already be up and it would be downright silly to go back to bed.

While the hubs was out last night I decided to move my alarm clock anyway! I put it on his dresser which is across the room for me. He didn't even notice it when he walked into the bedroom, mission accomplished. I set my alarm clock to wake me up with enough time to exercise and still get ready for work. It was amazing. I got up walked over turned it off and went straight to the bathroom to change.  I had broken past my will to sleep. I do enjoy a good sleep but I like the feeling of accomplishing something before I even start my work day.

I don't think he was very annoyed because he probably slept better without the beeps every 5 minutes. Score: 1 for me and alarm clock 0. Let's see if I can do it again tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment