Monday, April 9, 2012

Hidden Clutter

The other day I decided I was going to run some errands all by myself. I know, big step, right? I knew Tim wouldn't mind because he usually hates shopping. 

I started off by running to the grocery store and got ingredients to make some homemade protein bars. Then I ran to the auto parts store to get some new windshield wipers. I can now see out of my windshield and I don't have to worry about the weather. Then I ran to Target and got some baskets. Which leads to the rest of the story....

My downstairs bathroom closet has been bothering me for weeks. I got several baskets to organize it some time ago but I needed more baskets. The hodpodge of baskets and cut up cardboard boxes was driving me bonkers. While my husband was out I ripped out everything in the closet and reorganized it my newly acquired baskets. 

I had some leftover basic cardboard boxes that were also helping tame the clutter. They weren't the prettiest things in the world so I grabbed my spray paint and doused them in matte black. They actually look like they have some purpose and style now which is not saying much for my closet.

I didn't necessarily get rid of anything but I at least hid it in pretty containers. I won't be as closet-conscious
when someone takes a peak without me knowing.

All in all, I have to say it was a fairly productive day. My protein bars were quite delicious too.

No comments:

Post a Comment