Monday, April 16, 2012

Homemade Almond Butter

This past weekend I decided to try my hand at making my own almond butter. The process was very simple and the result was amazing.

I did two batches of almond butter, one raw and one roasted. The only difference was for the roasted batch, I roasted my almonds in the oven for about 10 minutes at 350 degrees before throwing them in the food processor. I did have to use a spatula to scrape the sides of the bowl to allow everything to be processed. I added a little salt once the butter started to get to the creamy stage. 

The raw butter took a little longer around 15 minutes. The roasted almond butter took around 12 minutes. All in all it was a very productive day. This will save me about $2 per jar and I know exactly what ingredients are used! I can't wait to try it in my protein bars.

No comments:

Post a Comment