Monday, April 30, 2012

Abandon Ship!

This past weekend we ventured up to our lake house with the intent of getting our boat from the marina. Sometimes plans don't pan out. 

My husband, father-in-law, and two brother-in-laws went to the marina. While they were there they discovered that the battery had been stolen and our steering cable had snapped. Oh what fun! 

Apparently they caught the person that thieved all of the batteries from the marina and surrounding neighbors. It was a kid who had a father with a tremendously long rap sheet. I guess this particular apple doesn't fall far from the tree. 

The steering cable snapped when they put the boat back in the water before my family arrived at the marina. This put a hitch into our weekend plans but I suppose I should look at the positives. I am positive I would have freaked out if I went to the marina and received all of the wonderful news. I am positive I would have freaked out if the steering broke while I was on the boat. I am also positive that I would have freaked if I had to paddle a 28ft pontoon boat back to the marina after said steering broke. I am just glad I wasn't there and didn't have to deal with it.

All in all it wasn't a bad weekend even if we didn't get the boat from the marina. I had a wonderful time with my family and can't wait to go back to enjoy time on the repaired boat!

No comments:

Post a Comment