Wednesday, May 9, 2012

"Boat" Shoes

So I was not a fan of the boat shoe at first. I think it was because of the reason that I thought people were wearing them: to be trendy and cute.

I recently bought a pair because I got a really great deal on them and they have memory foam insoles. I can honestly say these are the most comfortable shoes I have ever worn. To add another reason we also have a pontoon boat. Because we are boat people I feel the need to have "boat" shoes. They make me feel fancy. The shoes not the boat. Although now that I think about it the boat should make me feel fancy not the shoes.

My mom reminded me about a pair of shoes that I had when I was little.  I referred to them as my "deck" shoes. If we went anywhere I would have them on and I would not let them leave my feet if I could help it. I think they were a pair of Eastlands that closely resemble a pair of plain boat shoes. Perhaps I have always been a fan of "boat" shoes and just didn't remember. 

My replacement "deck" shoes seem to be getting just as much wear as the originals. I have no intentions of taking them off any time soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment